In our work, we see that poverty and economic marginalization are primary drivers that make women and girls vulnerable to exploitation.
By creating pathways to safe employment and economic stability, we prevent trafficking and empower women to rewrite the narratives for future generations.
Fuel confidence & agency
- Affirmation-centered training to build confidence and leadership skills
- Education on human trafficking and risks
- Gender, child, and legal rights training
- Internet safety
- Financial literacy
Address barriers to work
- Life skills and technical skills training
- Job readiness skills (interviewing, resume-building, application process)
- Career support for clients with criminal backgrounds
- Resource coordination (bank accounts, IDs, transportation, child-care services)
- Support with completing secondary education or obtaining higher education
Build a network of safety & support
- Cohort model to build trust and camaraderie
- Case management and follow up from Nomi Network staff to ensure long-term success
Facilitate job placement & retention
- Mentorship and career planning
- Partnering with employers to create job opportunities and facilitate job placement
- Provide funds and support for small business start-up and expansion
- Follow up to support job retention and upward mobility
Long-term outcomes include:
Nomi Network serves women and girls in communities with the highest incidences of labor trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation.
We believe that all people have the right to be free — free to have ownership over their bodies, free to choose when and how they will participate in work, and free to live without the threat of violence and exploitation.