Our vision is a world without slavery. YOU can make this happen.
Why fundraise for Nomi Network?
There are over 40.3 million people living in conditions of modern day slavery today. By fundraising for Nomi Network, you are empowering them to break cycles of slavery and exploitation.
The list of fundraiser possibilities are endless, but here’s a few we suggest:
Awareness: There are many holidays or awareness days you could fundraise around. In the past we’ve had fundraisers for Human Trafficking Awareness Day (Jan 11), International Women’s Day (March 8), and Holi.
Movie Night: Hold a movie night with a suggested donation to support a world without slavery where every woman knows her full potential.
Special Occasions: Celebrate the milestones in your life such as graduations and anniversaries, and break cycles of slavery while doing it!
In honor/ memory of: Remember a loved one by fundraising to provide a survivor with a life of freedom and choice.
DIY: Have a fair-trade party, book club, Indian/Cambodian potluck, or any other fun activity to raise money for Nomi Network.
- Set a Goal- Creating a goal will give you something to work towards and will encourage others to donate to help you reach it!
- Share what motivated you- By sharing what inspired you to fundraise for Nomi Network, you will inspire others to join your cause.
- Know the Issue- Brush up on human trafficking and Nomi Network’s programs here. That way you’ll be able to make a strong pitch and answer any questions!
- Use our toolkit– Everything you need to run a successful fundraiser for Nomi Network can be found in our toolkit. Make sure to take advantage of all the resources and let us know if you need any more!
- Always say thank you- Don’t forget that thank you’s go a long way. If you’re short on time, use the templates we created in the toolkit.
Featured Fundraiser, Libby!
Libby held her 4th fundraiser for Nomi Network in the fall of 2019 and raised over $2,000! Hear from her on what techniques she used and what insight she has for other fundraisers!
- Don’t be afraid to blast out your campaign. I was surprised that people I didn’t know very well still donated to my fundraisers.
- Reaching out individually to people makes a big impact. If you have the time, text or email people directly to encourage them to donate.
- For a past fundraiser, I would post individual thank you messages on social media. I would include a photo of me and that person along with my favorite thing about the person. I think people really enjoyed that individual recognition.
- I felt like when I was closer to reaching my goal, people were more motivated to donate. Work with the Nomi Network staff to create your goal and adjust it as needed!
- Try to make it fun! One year my friends got into making donations under celebrity names. It is kind of silly, but it got more of my friends to give and made it more lighthearted.
- In doing more than one fundraiser for Nomi Network, I’ve found it can be difficult to motivate people to donate if they’ve already donated in the past. If people don’t want to give a contribution again, instead ask them if they will share about your fundraiser with their network, introducing new people to your campaign!
If you have any questions or need any assistance getting started with your fundraiser, email Alisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.